Friday, September 12, 2014
I have poured my heart and soul into working for this company and the people there definitely shared their hearts and souls with me too. Leaving is bittersweet. At the same time I am saying goodbye to some of the best friends I've ever made at work anywhere, it is for the opportunity of a lifetime: a new position as SEO Account Manager with SEER Interactive, a company I have admired for years.
As I was cleaning out my desk today, I found 13 fortune cookies still in their wrappers. Barring jokes about how much Chinese take out I must have eaten to end up with that many cookies, I thought I would share what I found when I opened them as I prepared to close one chapter and start another:
· Let there be magic in your smile and firmness in your handshake.
· Everyone agrees you are the best.
· Discipline is wisdom and vice versa.
· Indulge yourself – but with moderation.
· It would be best to maintain a low profile for now.
· Don’t panic.
· If you don’t do it excellently, don’t do it at all.
· For success today, look first to yourself.
· Cookie said “You really crack me up.”
· If you care enough for a result, you will most certainly attain it.
· You will have many friends when you need them.
· A loved one is of utmost importance at this time.
· The rainbow’s treasures will soon belong to you.
I'm sure there's a song in there somewhere. When I've written it, I'll share that with you too.
Once in a while, life turns magical. Now is one of those times.